Saturday, July 25, 2009

Food, Inc.

Last night the documentary Food, Inc opened in my city and I went with some friends to see it. While I was l already informed regarding some of the details covered in the movie, the control of Monsanto over soybean farmers and seed in this country is absolutely terrifying. It literally took my breath away. The way that farmers have been treated by Monsanto is horrible and enough to make you just heartsick.

This is an excellent movie that does not use scare tactics (such as lots of disturbing slaughterhouse film) but lays out the development of our current food crisis in North America with care and calm deliberation. I cannot urge anyone enough to go see this movie. It will make you take a long look at what you are buying and putting into your body and how this simple act is deeply connected to the lives of millions of workers, animals, farmers, and the environment.

No comments: