Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Peach wishes you a Happy New Year!

The past few weeks have been amazingly hectic. Both wonderful and stressful. God has blessed me in many ways and now I am just trying my best to make Him proud of me (yes, I realize this is impossible---we can't really "impress" God, but I want to show my gratitude anyway!). I was in church today, really counting my blessings, admitting my (many!) faults, and repenting of some issues that have a way of sneaking up on me. I have found that I need church, I need to be surrounded by my fellow believers, to put God first in my life as other things want to crowd Him out, and to bask in the warmth of the presence of the Holy Spirit. And sitting there, in all that warmth and love, I just kept thanking God and asking Him to help my life have SOME significance beyond all the 'stuff' that we think is so important. I have come across two wonderful blogs recently, one Walk Slowly, Live Wildly and the other The Simple Way, which have encouraged me to see that there IS a way to live differently, to seek a life of significance and that there are many people in the world longing to bring more of God's light, love and mercy into the world.

So this New Year's Eve, The Peach wishes you the very best of God's love, Christ's compassion, mercy and holy touch.

In Him,
P

No comments: